Callaway Apex 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts
Conventional wisdom has been that you can't have extreme, radical performance in a forged iron. Conventional wisdom couldn't be more wrong. The Callaway Apex Iron delivers X Hot distance in a forged iron thanks to its multi-material construction. This iron features a forged carbon steel body that provides the feel and responsiveness most Tour players prefer and merges it with an ultra-thin, high-strength carpenter steel face, the same material used in Callaway's X Hot fairway woods, to produce faster ball speeds off the face for increased distance while providing the same feel of a forged head. The deep undercut cavity channel that runs from heel to toe creates more unsupported face area that allows more surface area of the face to flex, thus making it hotter and more forgiving. The tungsten sole inserts lower the center of gravity in the longer irons to help achieve higher launch angles and more forgiveness, and a polymer insert at the back helps absorb vibrations. It's a game-improvement iron that doesn't look like one, but it's loaded with game-improvement characteristics designed to improve everyone's game.
- Ultra Hot Face - thin 455 Carpenter Steel face insert increases ball speeds 1mph to 2mph for more distance
- Forged Carbon Steel Body - 1020 Forged Carbon Steel body delivers soft, responsive feel
- Tungsten Sole Inserts - Tungsten-weighted inserts in the sole of the long irons produce a lower center of gravity (CG), higher launch angles, and maximum forgiveness
- High Performance Wide Grooves - new high-performance wide-space grooves deliver more consistent spin from a variety of lies
- New True Temper XP95 steel shaft delivers high-launch angles with a controlled ball flight for premium performance in a lightweight offering